We’re always searching for hard-working, talented team players to join our ranks. In return, we’ll provide you with a working environment that will inspire your very best work; supported by like-minded people, on a range of exciting projects.
If you share our passion to provide reliable, sustainable and quality solutions across the entire, oil, gas and power value chain, then apply now.
To Join the team, check our career opportunities below.
The Accountant provides technical and administrative support to the team in executing Raven financial management strategies that aim to ensure the continued efficiency, profitability and growth of the Company and its subsidiaries.
The role is responsible for day-to-day supervision of transactions processing; preparing accurate records of all the Company’s finance and accounting transactions with a view to ensuring consistent and accurate reports that reflect a true and fair view of the Company’s financial position at all times. Responsibilities also cover Assets and Liabilities Management, enabling adequate levels of liquidity and working capital to be maintained at all times.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Works within the scope of defined Finance and Accounting systems, processes, procedures and policies to ensure all financial transactions are properly captured on manual documents and within the system, and within specified timeframes.
- Maintains the ledgers and cash book; responsible for the posting of finance and accounting transactions and performs regular call-over to verify the accuracy of daily transaction reports.
- Prepares the daily Cheque register and monthly cashbook per bank, and reconciles the Company’s Bank statements.
- Identifies, and after due approval from the Finance Manager, prepares required adjustments to the Company’s cash book and reconciliation statements.
- Produces the OGP entities’ periodic financial and management accounts for the Finance Manager’s attention.
- Ensures adequate documentation are maintained for LCs, and/or Forms ‘M’ & ‘A’ as may be required to support business operations under the guidance of the Finance Manager.
- Supervises processing invoices due for payment to creditors.
- Prepares customer bills and gas accounting activities.
- Supervises the preparation of daily float requirements and the daily cash report.
- Ensures the daily and monthly summary schedule of WHT is prepared from approved invoices sent for payment; obtains approvals and remits deductions.
- Administers payroll, prepares the monthly salary schedule and makes the required statutory Tax, pension deductions; ensures prompt rendition of deductions to respective bodies.
- Prepares and despatches periodic statutory returns (e.g. Taxes, Financial Statement) for submission to regulatory authorities and other stakeholders as may be required after due approvals have been obtained.
- Provides the necessary support to the Finance Manager during statutory examinations and audits.
- Supervises maintenance of an efficient filing and document retrieval system, both manual and automated
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Financial Manager
- Provides support to the Finance and Strategy Manager during budget preparations, reviews and oversees budgetary control activities
- Supervises inventory management systems
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related disciplines
- Professional accreditation (ACA or ACCA)
- 5 – 7 years of finance and accounting experience
- Supervisory experience required
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Basic/Intermediate Accounting
- Analytical & Research
- Creativity & Innovation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Team playing
- Oral & Written Communication
- PC Utilisation
Strong knowledge of Microsoft excel and po
The risk manager will provide expert advice and support to the traders on a daily basis. At senior level, he/she will act as the key point of contact between the risk and trading function for the oil business and will mentor and support junior level team members in risk, pricing and valuation.